Just Bought a Pre-owned Car? Reasons to conduct a Post-purchase Evaluation
Buying a pre-loved hybrid car is a good and affordable option in the current market. There are many choices for Lexus hybrids, Honda and Toyota hybrids that you can get at a very good price (depreciation of 5-9k range) and still have the benefit of saving on petrol costs.
However, many still know that after buying a pre-owned car, you may have to look out for additional repair costs for parts that need replacing due to wear and tear.
Unless your pre-owned car comes with a reliable service history record (preferably from the authorized dealer), you will never know the exact history and true mileage of your pre-owned vehicle. A post-purchase evaluation coupled with a complete full service to your preowned vehicle is necessary for setting your mind at ease.
For those of you thinking of buying a pre-owned hybrid vehicle, the hevshop team would like to give you some pointers to check to ensure that the ride you're buying would last you a long time (Even worthy of renewing COE). So that you can enjoy those hybrid vehicles perks of saving fuel costs without having to pay more later on for repairs.
1. Check the health of the hybrid battery
The heart of the hybrid vehicle is its most important part. And that is the hybrid battery pack. A pre-owned hybrid that has a hybrid battery that has lasted 6-7 years should get its condition evaluated to check if it is still in optimum condition. However, it may be difficult to evaluate the vehicle as you would need specialist tools and diagnostics to scan the hybrid battery pack.
Hevshop uses special hybrid diagnostic tools to evaluate your hybrid battery
At hevshop, hybrid specialists use the manufacturer's diagnostic software to check the temperature, voltage, and resistance of the hybrid battery pack by its individual modules. Hevshop specialists use a special load test on the battery using proprietary software and factory equipment to determine its actual working condition.
2. Check the hybrid cooling system
At most times, the hybrid vehicle's hybrid battery does not last long due to exposure to unnecessary and excess heat deteriorating it faster.
To prevent your hybrid battery from taking on unnecessary heat damage, the second most important thing to check in the hybrid vehicle is whether the hybrid cooling system is functioning properly. This will allow you to ensure that your hybrid battery pack can last a long while. This is especially important as damage done to the hybrid battery by heat is irreversible.
3. Full Post-purchase Evaluation Service
We encourage you to use our full hybrid evaluation service which would allow our hevshop team to help inspect the hybrid vehicle on your behalf. A detailed Evaluation & Diagnostic report will be given to you once the service is completed.
Hevshop Detailed Evaluation Schedule:
1) Evaluation service starts with a full scan using the factory computer for data analysis
2) Full inspection on wear and tear parts
3) Full test on the hybrid cooling system including hybrid battery pack cooling and hybrid inverter cooling system
4) Test on brake system fluid boiling point to determine whether it requires a flush and replacement of fluid
5) Cooling system test to determine whether you need a coolant flush and replacement
6) Check on all coolant hoses to determine the state of wear and tear
7) Check on all vacuum hoses for the same
8) Pressure test and check on the cooling system
9) Complete full undercarriage inspection for oil leaks, drive train rubber boots, steering linkage, and components, undercarriage bushes, ball joints, shock dampers, suspension parts undercarriage high voltage wires, etc.…
10) Brake system sensors and brake pad wear, disc rotor condition
11) Check on wear condition of tires
12) Front alignment status check using our drive-through area
13) Road test can be conducted to determine the overall health, road-noise, insulation, road holding, and all other related system health including the engine, transmission, and drive train (especially the electric and hybrid drive train)
14) Detailed inspection on car body structure health, paintwork, body panel alignment, etc
15) Detailed evaluation on all windscreen and glass, wipers, etc
16) Any other tests as requested or specifically required
The hevshop team is able to further evaluate other hybrid components of the hybrid system ( e.g Front motor test, hybrid transmission test, high voltage cable inspection) such that you can have the full assurance of driving a safe vehicle without having to worry about repair costs popping up to you.
FAQ on Hybrid Battery replacement:
Thinking of replacing your hybrid battery of your newly bought pre-owned vehicle?
Check out our FAQ here
Evaluation Service Centre : 6352 9268 ( hevshop @ Sin Ming)
600 Sin Ming Ave, CityCab Building Level 3 Service Centre Singapore 575733
Directions to our Hybrid Specialist Center can be found in the link below