Should you bring your own parts for vehicle repair?
Updated: Aug 24
Concerning the practice of bringing own purchased parts to the workshop, kindly consider the following before you do so:
• It takes great effort and cost to set up and maintain a well-equipped workshop to cater for the car owners
• The staff have to be professionally trained, customers and their vehicles need to be insured while under repairs
• Abstaining from bringing your own parts would help the repairer to better manage their operational costs (one does not bring own food to restaurant nor prescribed own medicine etc)
• Sub-standard OEM parts may further contribute to repetitious work, vehicle downtime, lower durability or may even implicate safety at times
• Consumers and motorists are encouraged to support professional repair facilities to ensure that they remain in the industry to serve you better